Monday, April 22, 2013

If these pictures don't make you laugh..

It hasn't been a fun weekend over at the Williams' residence - I caught a nasty cold & Kate caught it right after I did.  It's kind of scary watching your tiny 3 month old baby struggle to breathe through her nose while eating and listening to her cough throughout the night.  Aubrey never got sick until she was almost one, so this was new for me.  Today we are feeling a bit better, and luckily Steve & Aubrey still seem okay, but to get us all in a better mood I thought I'd post some hilarious pictures of the girls today.  At least I think they are hilarious. ;)  

If you've been following me on Instagram or are friends with me on Facebook, you might know that I've (finally) learned to use my camera in manual mode & have been practicing with a new little studio set up that Steve got me for my birthday.  My goal is to hopefully someday (if I find that I have the time & talent) have a newborn/baby/child photography business. We have no photographers here in Roseville that focus only on children - & since they are my favorite subjects to photograph, I think it could be fun.  We'll see!  Luckily I have two little girls that  usually don't mind being cute subjects to practice on.  As I was going through the photos... I couldn't help but laugh at some of the facial expressions I captured from them.  

Like these..








And yes, even my husband has been supportive in helping me practice on him.. haha!


Now time to practice some more.. 




9 comments:

  1. hahah, these are great :) Got in my morning smiles. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are adorable! i recently started a photo business and kids and newborns are so much fun to capture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol these are awesome! And Aubrey looks like her dad in the last pictures. It looks like they have the same facial expression. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to know which camera/lenses you are using and where did he get those neat studio backdrops?

    Those pictures are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I'm using a canon 5d mark ii with an 85 mm 1.8 lens. Backdrops are from etsy!

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness this is so funny!!!! hahaha i love that you posted all these! They can be your "bloopers" when you get into your business. PS I love the idea of you doing that! You are so talented with your photos (though it helps your girls are ADORABLE) but I would TOTALLY go to you for picture needs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable and hilarious at the same time! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been trying to learn too. I finally shoot in Manual all the time...of course, my pictures often stink but I am trying and that is what counts. lol

    Some resources that helped me:

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/category/basic-photography/what-the-heck/

    http://www.exposureguide.com/photography-basics.htm

    http://www.manualmode.info/

    And a good cheet sheet:

    http://livinginthestills.com/cheatsheet

    You have a beautiful family. Take care!



    ReplyDelete