Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Santa Cruz Birthday Getaway!


Steve whisked the girls & I off Sunday morning for a quick trip to Santa Cruz for my birthday.  I had a rough week beforehand (I don't do well when the weather is bad & I don't leave the house) & it felt amazing to just get out of the house & spend three full days away with my little family.  No house cleaning, no work for Steve, just good old fashioned quality time together.   I must say going on vacation with two kids is different - instead of coming home feeling relaxed, you feel sore & exhausted!  Nevertheless we had such a great time making memories together.  Here are some photos from our trip. 

The first day we got there we took a train ride.  I didn't think Aubrey would care too much since you have to sit for an hour, but she LOVED it & would get so excited when the train made the "choo choo" sound.  She kept saying, "Awesome!" and "Fun!"  So cute.  She hasn't stopped talking about it. 













Later that day we checked into our hotel, & Aubrey & Steve decided to check out the pool.  It was a little chilly for Aubrey, so they ended up in the jacuzzi.





Aubrey HAD to jump on the bed when we walked into the hotel - it's tradition!



That night we spent our time playing Phase 10 (the only card game I like!) & eating the delicious chocolate strawberries & cookies my mom had sent to us via room service.  




The next morning we went to breakfast & then took a walk to the lighthouse over by the Boardwalk.  It was so beautiful walking alongside the ocean.  Why don't I live there again?










Later that day we went to the Boardwalk - Aubrey rode the carousel, & a car ride, & Mama got to go on a roller coaster - first one since before I was pregnant with Aubrey.  I missed them so much!  



Next stop was the beach!  Aubrey was terrified of the water this time for some reason, but she had a blast playing with her new beach toys from Grammy.  I was in heaven just getting some sun with my guy and two favorite girls.  









After going back to the hotel, we rinsed off all the sand & had dinner oceanside - the food was so delicious.  





As much as I love vacationing, I must say my most favorite part is coming home.  I love getting back to our home, & our normal day to day routine.  As I was talking to Steve about this, he said, "Well, that's because you have a great life to come home to even when you're not on vacation."  He is right.  I'm blessed to have a happy life where my main job is to take care of my sweet family & keep our house hold running.  Even though there are days where I'm dangerously close to pulling my hair out, it always ends up being okay & I wouldn't rather be doing anything else, anywhere else.   I couldn't ask for much more for my birthday than that.  


13 comments:

  1. Long time reader, first time commenting. I love your blog and I just wanted to say that when I picture what I hope my life to look like when I'm married with kids, I think of your family. Thank you for letting us all have a sneak peek into your family's life and writing about the joys and hardships of motherhood. While your life, as you said, is very happy and wonderful, I love that you also write about hard times too. Your photos are beautiful, as is your family.

    Lianna Wing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, new follower, and i love your daughters name ( my 4 year old is also Aubrey)! Just wondering where you git your bathing suit from?? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. youre the cutest loved these pics youre a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! Can't wait for our first family vacation as a family of four :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is perfect time to make a few plans for the future and
    it's time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I may just I desire to suggest you few attention-grabbing things or suggestions. Maybe you can write next articles relating to this article. I wish to learn more issues about it!

    Here is my website weight loss clinic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Belated birthday wishes. Thank you for keeping it so real. what i am mean is not too many would admit that they want to pull their hair out but it turns ok in the end. there are days when i feel the same, so i am glad to know i am not the only one who feels so. lovely post as usual. hope you have many more fun filled holidays like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get your swimsuit?! Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This ωebsite was... how dο you say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I've found something which helped me. Thank you!

    Also visit my blog; planohousesforrent.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, What a fun way to celebrate your birthday with your family! You are so gorgeous and you keep those baby girls looking so cute. How do you manage to look so perfect with two little ones...your hair, makeup and outfits.
    Your family is adorable and you all look so happy. Love Kate's swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect little getaway! Rick was just asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I was just talking to him about going on a little family day-trip to the ocean or somewhere pretty. That's the best gift because it allows you to getaway from your normal routine and just relax (or try!) with the ocean and beautiful nature all around you! It's a little "RE-energizer"! I'm glad you had a great birthday - and all these pictures are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bring your favorite magazines to the i - Phone with an i - Phone app.
    Women who are planning the wedding of their dreams can find plenty of fantastic information in Bride’s magazine.
    However, today, the wedding photographers capture photographs of moments that are precious and that you would cherish all your life; and, when you least expects the wedding photographer
    to capture you.

    Here is my webpage - latest celeb news

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looked like such a wonderful getaway for you all... I just love and adore all Aubrey's cute outfits :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great article, totally what I needed.

    my website :: www.ifriendscorner.com

    ReplyDelete