Friday, April 5, 2013

three month old kate.

Kate at three months!  Officially out of the newborn stage.  





At three months, Kate:

- has discovered her hands.  They are constantly in her mouth!

-Sleeps from about 9:30 to 6:30 consistently, & then after eating will sleep another hour or so.  Angel.  But ouch for mama, if ya know what I mean.

-Would eat all day long if I let her.  She sure likes to maintain those scrumptious thigh rolls of hers. :)

-Takes 2-3 naps a day.  Not on a routine yet, but getting there.  

-Smiles all the time. Very happy & will smile at anyone that talks to her.

-Totally looks like daddy now, but looks like mama did when she was a baby.  It melts my heart to see so much of Steve in her.  

-Loves being on her tummy!  Not a fan of her swing still, but will be on her play mat or bouncer for a little while.  Let's face it, the kid is spoiled & is being held 90% of her life!  She still naps in my arms for her afternoon nap while Aubrey sleeps.  She is way too sweet to set down.  

-She has giggled a few times.  The best.

-She has a nickname now, "Katesters."  Aubrey calls her that, too.  We don't call her "Katie" because we don't want that to become her name.  (Not that Katie isn't an adorable name, but we want people to call her Kate.)

-Graduated to Size 1 diapers a couple weeks ago.  Days away from unpacking her 3-6 month clothes.  My heart just can't take it!  Why can't the baby stage be twice as long?  

-Barely EVER spits up or drools.  But man can this kid ruin multiple outfits a day from blowouts!

-Has this sweet sparkle in her eye right before she smiles.  It's completely precious.  

-I don't know how to explain it, but I'm obsessed with Kate's skin.  She has such soft, dough like skin & the absolutely perfect amount of chub.  I'm constantly kissing this girl & pinching her cheeks!  


Kate is such a joy in our home & she fits perfectly in our family.  It's so nice to have the best of both worlds - a hilarious, fun toddler, & then a sweet, cuddly baby.  If my girls don't stop being so sweet soon I might just have ten kids. ;)








9 comments:

  1. So I am a new mom (my baby is one month old today!) and I was wondering if you could write a little bit more on how you help your babies sleep through the night. 9:30 to 6:30 sounds great but I hear ya on the ouch factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's so precious!! getting more beautiful everyday! and she totally looks like Steve!! how sweet you both have your little twins! I'm hopin our next little one looks like me because Gunner is 100% Ricks twin! That's so crazy she doesn't like her swing! But she's no fool, mamas arms are always way better than a solo swing ;)

    Size 1 diapers!? Oh man, that was the saddest day for me!! Those little newborn diapers are possibly the cutest things I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are wonderfully positive and Kate is so gorgeous! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is seriously one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen!! And seems like she's just a dream for her family! :) What a sweetheart. :) ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how cute she is! My little baby who is now 8 months isn't a baby anymore. Its fun to see the difference in each child!

    Shelby
    http://brandonandshelby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are delightfully loving and positive. I hope you never change. I've been following your blog for awhile (Aubrey is the same age as my son) and I keep coming back because of your honest love for your family. Thank you. May God's blessings continue for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your payments will not only get to you faster but it will
    provide you with a history of your earnings for your records.
    Even if your small business doesn't have some sort of refrigerator (a rarity today) you can choose vegetable and fruit that do not even require refrigeration. The decisive factor is that men would want to show themselves as hot and rock solid before the fashionable ladies as ever.

    Take a look at my blog post - asdm.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!! Love all these pictures! Praise God you are blessed with such adorable well mannered little ones :)

    www.youngnasahousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete