Friday, June 7, 2013

FIVE months of Kate Brielle!

What a month it has been for our little Kate!





-She makes the cutest little whimpering-puppy noises when she's about to cry.  It's really pathetic, adorable, & makes it really easy for you to scoop her up and give her snuggles, which is probably what she wanted in the first place :)

-We are still having sleep issues at night but I've just come to accept that I will be getting up multiple times a night for a while.  She usually gets up once around 2-3, then again at 5ish, and up for the day around 7.  With Aubrey we could just stick a pacifier in her mouth, but with Kate, the ONLY way she'll go back to sleep is by a quick nurse.  This soon will pass, I keep reminding myself. 

-Just tried rice cereal mixed with some milk for the first time last night & she gobbled it up!  I'm hoping that she will sleep a bit better with a little bit of solids in her.  Crossing my fingers, because this mama is exhausted.

-She is starting to get on her hands & knees & rock back & forth.  I know that can only mean one thing - crawling is in our near future.  Are we really already at the baby gate stage?  She rolls around and scoots a bit, but it takes her a while. 

-Still the most smiley, happy little thing.  The gym daycare workers always comments on how she's the only baby they can get to smile.  She's one happy girl!  

-  Takes a morning nap around 9, afternoon nap around 1230, & a catnap around 4 each day.  (Sometimes a little car snooze if we are running errands throughout the day, too.)

-Still eating every 2 hours throughout the day.  By this point Aubrey was eating every 4 hours!  The nice thing about it is every time I feed her, it's just a nice reminder to be present in the moment and slow down for a second.  She is so sweet while she eats and smiles, & makes little cooing sounds.  She makes me feel so loved.  

-Lives in the baby carrier.  I have 3 & she seems to like them all now pretty well. I do chores, makeup, make breakfast while wearing her & she loves being close to mama.  She will almost always fall asleep in the Ergo which is nice while grocery shopping. 

-Size two diapers, 3-6 month clothes.  Her jammies are already getting short.  Steve & I make TALL kids!  

- She has lost a ton of hair since she was born but still has just enough to cover her head.  It is the coolest color - almost an auburn-brown.  Her eyes are still bright blue.  I wonder if they will stay.  She is such a cute little chubster.  I could eat her up!

Love our little Katester bunny!

3 comments:

  1. Kate is truly one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen. Love the photos you take too! Where did you get her pink ruffly outfit from? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great lisa!! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you make such beautiful babies! I hope you can get more sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete