Monday, July 15, 2013

aubreyisms.

Toddlers are hilarious.  They also cause some... awkward moments sometimes.  




We were in line at Subway with my family & a chubby, bearded man came in.  Aubrey looked at him, & said, "Look Mama!  Ho Ho!! Santa!"  (He really did look like Chris Kringle for the record.)  I immediately started laughing.  Hard. He wasn't.  And it was awkward.  (Random fact: I cannot control my laughter.  And sometimes I laugh at the most inappropriate & random times.  On our honeymoon, Steve & I walked into an elevator & we had to go up all these floors and it was so quiet & awkward.  I looked at him & just started busting up uncontrollably.  I buried my head in his chest & I'm pretty sure he second guessed his marriage decision.)  

Aubrey, Kate & I were at the post office & Aubrey pointed at some huge clock they had that was basically half the size of the wall.  She kept shouting, (in the middle of a long line of people,) "Big clock!  Wow, so big!  Big clock!"  Now, Aubrey still has a cute little-girl-toddler-voice, & let's just say she pronounces "clock" without the L.  Yep.  

We were in the waiting room at the dentist & a black lady walked in & sat down.  Aubrey kept staring at her, inched her way over slowly, pointed to her arm, & said, "Look Mama!  Brown!"  


Considering all of these just happened in the past couple of weeks, it seems like I better get used to these awkward situations.  At least I can laugh about them later! :)


6 comments:

  1. Too cute! I'm very much looking forward to that stage when I have kids! Thanks for sharing!

    http://youngnasawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! Especially about the big clock!!! I am like you and once I get tickled, I can NOT stop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA the clock! Thanks for sharing, I had fun laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious as to how you handled the incident with the African American lady! Is Aubrey not used to seeing black people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She has seen many black people so it was so weird she did that, haha! Luckily I didn't really have to handle the situation, she lady just laughed & thought it was cute.

      Delete
  5. I just laughed out LOUD at work! Oh my gosh, gotta love toddler talk!! How funny!

    ReplyDelete