Friday, July 5, 2013

SIX Months of Kate Brielle

Happy half birthday, little Kate.  While it makes me sad to think about how fast time is going, the only thing that makes me feel better is looking back & realizing that it was ALL spent with you.  Besides maybe a quick 1-2 hour errand run or hair appointment, you were never more than a room or two away from me.  

The past six months have been filled with hours upon hours of feedings in the rocking chair, you sleeping on my chest (my favorite), cuddling on the floor of your big sister's play room while you stared in awe at all the interesting things she was doing, being in your carrier happy as a clam, laughing your cute belly laughs, baths with mommy, & smiling 98% of the time.  

I can't be too sad about the fact that you're the big SIX months since it was filled with such joy!  You have been the perfect little addition to our family & are the sweetest, happiest little munchkin.  Here is what you have been up to this month: 

-You are a mobile baby!  Around 5 1/2 months, you took off & started army crawling.  You are all over the place now & you love having this independence.  

-Your fourth & fifth months were the months from hell as far as sleeping goes.  For over a month straight you would get up every two hours to eat at night.  It was awful & I thought I was going to die.  (If you end up being dramatic, just know where you got it from :))  Luckily, I took a tip from my mom to go ahead & start giving you baby food & from that night on you only get up once.  I feel like a whole new woman.  Thank you, sweet angel baby!

-You love your food!  I puree it all in my Beaba or just mashed it up with a fork, & you get so excited when I put on your big & get you in your high chair.  So far you have had avacado, bananas, apples, peaches, plums, carrots, mango, kale, green beans, pears, & I forgot what else.  So fun to introduce such a BEAUTIFUL part of life to you : food!!

-You can wave back at us now, but rarely do it for me.  You will almost ALWAYS do it for your sister, though.  You're still mighty infatuated with her.  Can't blame you, she's pretty cool. :)

-You traveled to Tahoe this month!  So far you have been to Tahoe & Santa Cruz.  Pretty soon we will be able to add Southern California to your list of travels.  We are toying with the idea of going on a family vacation soon.  So excited!

-You are still nursing every 2.5 hours. The plan is to nurse for a year, but at this point I'll be lucky if I can get you to stop before you're eighteen!  You think bottles are evil.  I even bought this FIFTEEN dollar bottle nipple from Buy Buy Baby that ensured  a "smooth transition" from breast to bottle & it was a big joke.  While I would like to go to a movie someday without you (or some other outing that lasts longer than two hours), I can't help but have this strange sense of satisfaction that you prefer me & that you MUST be close to me at all times.  Guess I love you or something :)

-I'll probably say this every month, but you still are the smiliest little thing ever.  You can be super sleepy, hungry, & what have you but you will always smile if you're smiled at.  It's so endearing.  If only everyone could always be as happy as you!  You're truly a pure ray of sunshine.


-You are a mama's girl through & through.  You whine when I leave the room & are overjoyed each time you see me & I LOVE IT.  When you're being held by someone else for a while & you realize I'm gone you get this sad, worried look on your face & look around the room for me.  I know this stage is so short so I am eating it right up. :)  

Here are some pictures I took of you on your six month birthday.  

(I apologize in advance for the ridiculously large bow.  I swear it looked smaller when I bought it ;)







Love you, sweet girl.  

4 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful! I love her big blue eyes. Aw. Happy 6 months, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so dang pretty. And what a joy to have such a happy, blessing of a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS PHOTOS!!! I can't believe she is already six months!! But loved this blog and even stealing some tips for making yuor own baby food (I definnitely need to start because Gunner is going through his cans and containers we buy WAY too fast!)

    And yay for her crawling and sleeping through the night! I love this age so much, from 5 months on it has been the most fun just because everyday they are learning something new or gaining another skill. It's so fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete