Wednesday, August 21, 2013

chubby legs & the cutest bib in the world.

Tonight we went to hell on earth. (Walmart.)  I used to always shop at Walmart before we moved here because it was closest to us, & never really minded it.  Steve would always act like I was crazy for going in there, making fun of me & telling me I should take a bodyguard.  (True fact: Steve is a snob.)  Then we moved & Target happened to be closer - and my life hasn't been the same since.  Well lit store, amazing baby AND adult clothes, decor, AND they have groceries?  Yes please.  Save 5% with a Red debit card?  Okay!  There's even a Starbucks & a cafe in there.  It's basically heaven on earth for mamas.

Anyways, tonight we went to Walmart because I needed to get something that Target didn't have (which honestly rarely happens), & although Steve made some snobbish comments he agreed to go with me since I just needed a couple of things.  I hadn't been in there in FOREVER - & it really is true.  The employees, the lack of organization, bleh!  So we are in the checkout line & Kate was sitting big girl style in the grocery cart, & began to cry like she was in pain.  We soon realized her chubby little leg got stuck in one of the metal bars & we could NOT. GET. IT. OUT.  Steve asked a manager if he could hurry & go get something & the guy looked totally lost & said, "I'm just the maintenance guy, ummm".  Eventually someone else went to go get some pliers.  Meanwhile, Kate is sobbing & all eyes are on us in the front of all the check stands.  Eventually some lady came & offered to try spraying some lotion stuff on her - & just like that, her chubby little leg was let free from the cart bars.  

Kate was just fine after & of course Steve had to blame me for the whole ordeal "That's what we get for going to Walmart!"  I suppose next time I should bring my grocery cart cover at least.  :)


On a completely different note, I must present to you guys the cutest bib in all the land.  My blog friend Francis makes all these adorable baby goodies that you can find on her website here.  They are incredibly darling & make an adorable accessory in addition to being a great drool catcher. ;)  

I mean, come on!  You can even see Kate's excitement wearing it.  (Like how I matched her bumbo to her bib?)








8 comments:

  1. You know what?? I just recently started to despise Walmart too!! I've never really loved them...but I had just an awful experience there lately and Target is just SO much better-and the employees are SO much friendlier!! Target for the win!! (Plus, the RedCard rocks!!) Do you have an iphone? They have an app called Target Cartwheel and they have lots of coupons and stuff on there...it's pretty cool!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone just told me about that app the other day! I can't wait to use it :) And I completely agree with you !!

      Delete
  2. I have the same sentiments about Walmart! Disorganized! Target is the place to go, however where I live many people are catching on just the same and it's starting to get a bit crowded :/ But ooo the Starbucks :) Glad Kate wasn't hurt too bad...I would have panicked. Adorable pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    http://youngnasawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bib! May have to invest in one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTEST BIB EVER!! But it does help that kate is absolutely PRECIOUS in anything! But I do love that bit a lot.

    Andddddd I've become a bit bias since living by a target also. Now I make every excuse in the book any time Rick wants to go to walmart over target. It's just a one-stop-shop for baby, mama, household items, groceries and STARBUCKS?! You're right - it's a mamas dream come true.

    We just went to walmart for the first time in months the other day and I had a horrible experience. And they lockeup their baby forumla so it doesn't get stolen so I had to wait like 10 minutes to get it out of the case! And it's just so gross and the people are just.. not the friendliest and it was just an overall bad experience as well.

    And poor Kate oh my goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, yeah I saw that formula is locked up now. How annoying that would be, especially since babies are hard to take places as it is and then you have to wait longer?!

      Delete
  5. Wow, it looks even better on. She totally rocks it and looks beautiful. Thanks for the shout out. So glad you liked it. :)

    Ps. I can't stand going in Walmart either, but like you there are a few things that I need that are just cheaper there. I usually go for face lotion and my clear care contact solution. ;)

    ReplyDelete