Wednesday, August 7, 2013

our anniversary day & the awkward massage..

How's that for a title?

For our anniversary Steve & I decided to keep it low key since we are going on a family vacation later this month.  We had always said for our five year anniversary we would go somewhere exotic & alone, but since I have a little girl named Kate that is fiercely obsessed with me about every two hours, we decided to postpone our trip for next summer.  I wasn't emotionally ready to leave this them year anyways, and who knows if I will be next Summer? Physically, I will be though.  I won't be pregnant OR nursing.  (At least that's how I see the future panning out!)

Anyways, we started off our anniversary with a couple's massage at a place we've never been before & it ended up being the most awkward experience ever.  Remember how I laugh at really awkward and quiet moments?  Yeah, that happened big time.  The people there didn't really speak english at all & had us sit in these chairs to start off our massage which seemed strange since usually they take you to a private room and have you lay on your stomach on a table.  They also usually have you fill out paperwork at massage places and they didn't have us do that.  So we were laying on these chairs in this non-private hallway and started massaging our heads and I look over at Steve because it all just felt a little bizarre (especially because they weren't saying a word) and I just start laughing.  Loudly.  Steve looked at me like he didn't know me and looked away, which made me laugh more.  I told the guy, "Oh, I'm really ticklish" (lie) but he just stared blankly at me.  Basically for the first half of my massage I was trying desperately not to make a fool of myself and laugh.  I'm pretty sure they thought I was insane.  Luckily, for the last half of the massage they took us into a private room with this classy sign:


At least I didn't laugh and was able to relax for the last half.

Oh, and to make things even more awkward, come to find out last year an employee of this massage parlor was arrested for sexual battery of a client.  FUN! I think this might have been our first and last trip at this parlor. :)

After THAT experience, we went home and got dressed up to go to a nice dinner.  (Random side note: Steve couldn't find his khaki pants so he ran to Target and the last pair he had in his size was on clearance for $4.99!  That obviously needed to be documented.)

We drove to Folsom and had the most amazing dinner I've had in my life, no exaggeration.  Sutter Street Steakhouse is AMAZING and worth every penny.  We don't fine-dine very often, but oh man that steak, garlic mashed potatoes, jumbo shrimp, clam chowder were divine!  It was the perfect anniversary dinner & made up for our weird massage experience. :)



I only got one picture of our food, because I was starving and dove into everything else.  Oops!  Hungry mama over here.




After dinner, we decided to be all mushy & reminiscent & take a walk on the temple grounds where we were married five years before.






After picking up the kids and putting them to bed, we watched our wedding video for the fifth time.  I always cry.

We had a wonderful anniversary and I can't wait for the next 50+ more!


6 comments:

  1. happy anniversary!!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious and I definitely just started laughing at work reading about that massage, lol!! And I can't believe you had two basically back to back babies, your body is like a victoria's secret model. Hatechu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out LOUD so bad at your massage story. oh man that's too awkward, every part of it! And how cute are you guys to watch your wedding video every year!?

    Oh and Gunner has that same baby einstein jumper! lol happy anniversary again you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm cracking up over this post. Too funny. I love massages (never had a couples massage) and in the beginning it was awkward, but I always request a female. It's been a while since I've had one though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get your dress?!? So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete