Wednesday, October 23, 2013

life lately & recent photos.

I looked at my blog today & realized it has been almost two weeks since I last posted, so I knew I needed to get on here & write something.  I know from experience the longer you go without posting, the easier it is to just keep putting it off, so here goes!

 I know it's cliche, but it really is insane to me that I will have a one year old in less than a few months.  I was browsing Etsy for some birthday party ideas the other night & I could have sworn I was JUST doing that for Aubrey.  The first year goes by so fast, & then, scarily enough, I feel like after the big "one year" milestone, it goes by even faster.  Sometimes I swear I want a bunch of kids, like a whole mini van full.  I'll probably change my mind after our next one or two - but I don't know.  I love the whole experience so much - pregnancy, labor (not the pain part, just being in the hospital, & the anticipation. I'm weird.), meeting them the first time, taking them home, falling head over heels in love with them & getting to know their own unique & amazing personality.  Gah!  I know several kids aren't for everyone, but I can't imagine stopping at two.  However - don't expect an announcement anytime soon, I'm enjoying non pregnant life quite a bit here. :)

October was/IS the month of SICK at the Williams home.  It was like some sort of sick joke.  First, I got a cold - which led to Kate & Aubrey getting colds.  Then shortly after, the girls got some disgusting seven day diarrhea thing, & Aubrey's turned into a full on stomach flu.  I don't remember how many times I rinsed & washed vomit out of sheets, but it was too many times.  After a week or two of health, Kate & Aubrey got colds again - but much worse ones this time.  Lots of cuddles, boogie wipes, & Tylenol.  A looooot.  So a couple days have passed since their colds, & I was just thinking, Awesome!  The stomach flu virus AND cold virus have passed through our house.  We're done with being sick for the year!  Ha!  Last night Aubrey started saying her tummy hurt, & all she wanted to do was snuggle.  Before I knew it - she was throwing up all night.  Like, once an hour all night.  Oh, & so did Steve.  Today we are all home together watching cartoons with blankies on the couch.  Kate & I are as healthy as can be - for now!  I'm fully expecting to be upchucking any second now, but for now I'm tending to my sweet Aubrey girl & her daddy.

Another thing that's been keeping me busy is photography.  I shoot about two sessions a week, & am almost booked through December.  I am so grateful for the clients I have gotten so far - they are so awesome at referring others.  I'd say my clients are about 70% referrals & 30% find me on google.  I haven't had to spend a dime on advertising yet, which is nice.  A month or so ago I was contacted by a company that offered me a cool opportunity to shoot for Janie & Jack at our local mall, but after finding out it would be quite a few hours right around the holidays I turned it down.  I really just didn't want to be biting off more than I can chew - especially around the holidays.

I don't have too much else to say - nothing new or crazy is going on.  I'm excited for Halloween next week, (oh we BETTER all be healthy by then!), & to make lots of memories in the upcoming festive months.  Here are a few pictures lately of my little gals!






We recently put up a baby gate due to this little lady's curiosity (the kind with a door so Aubrey can get through it) & my life has gotten sooo much easier.






Time for tea! (Or tap water, whatever.)


Chubby baby legs in skinny jeans.  Yes.








We jump on the bed every single morning.  Instant mood uplifter!


 Couldn't pass up this little warm up tracksuit for Kate - the first time she wore it an old man said, "What a cute little guy you got there"!  I said thanks.  The next time she wore it I put a pink bow on her head.



2 comments:

  1. So sorry you've been sick. Heidi has yet to catch the flu in all her 4 years. Throwing up once an hour sounds awful!!

    I cant believe Kate is going to be one soon either! That went so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds about how we were last year...awful colds and then a three week stomach virus followed by ear infections. Yuck! Here is hoping you are all on the mend soon and that you are done with sickness for the season!

    ReplyDelete