Tuesday, November 26, 2013

gratitude.

Sometimes at night while I'm rocking Kate to sleep, I say my nightly prayer of gratitude & I can't help but start to cry.  Sometimes I feel guilty about being so happy.  I think about how many people there are in the world that are suffering - wondering where their next meal is coming from, mourning a tragic loss in their family, losing a job & not knowing where their next paycheck is coming, etc.  I did nothing to deserve this wonderful life, & truly am so thankful for each & every bounteous blessing I have. I know that it could all be taken away in the blink of an eye, so I try my best to treasure these moments where life is so beautiful, & give thanks to my glorious Father in heaven. 

Last week Steve's aunt passed away unexpectedly, leaving behind so many that loved her so much.  Just like that - in the blink of an eye.  I only had seen her a few times, but every time I spoke with her, it was as if we knew each other for years.  She exuded kindness & was so easy to talk to.  

My thoughts will be with her family & those that were close to her during this week of gratitude.  

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving & relish in the joy that is family, friends, & DELICIOUS food!


No comments:

Post a Comment