Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Recap!

I love doing these recap posts at the end of each year because it's fun to look back and see all the fun we had.  It's been a busy, but wonderful year.  

January.

-After an intense, 2.5 hour labor, our precious Kate was born January 5th at 2:44 am.  7 lbs 10 oz & 20 inches of pure perfection!  This month mainly revolved around her.
-Steve turned 26!  Upper twenties baby..
-I started to slowly get the hang of having two babies, & Aubrey took to being a big sister like a champ!




February.

-We celebrated Valentine's Day (first date since baby was born).  
-We started venturing out of the house this month, I finally was brave enough to leave by myself with two littles!  
-We finally started getting into a routine of sorts, & also started to get more sleep.  Hooray!
-Started planning a last minute Minnie Mouse party for Aubrey.  Note to self: Allow more than two weeks to plan a birthday party!



March.

-Our sweet Aubrey girl turned two.  She had a Minnie Mouse party that she still talks about to this day!
-Kate was blessed at our church.  
-We celebrated St. Patricks Day!




April.

-I turned 24!  If you would have told me a long time ago I'd be 24 and married with two kids?!  I would have totally believed you ;)
-We went on our first family trip for my birthday to Santa Cruz. 
-My grandfather passed away at 95 years old.
-We celebrated Easter as a family of FOUR!
-I took the plunge and started teaching myself everything about photography & studio lighting.  





May.

-Celebrated Mother's Day!  Steve took some pictures of the girls & I in the morning and we spent the rest of the day with our mamas.
-Spent Memorial Day weekend in Tahoe (tagged along on Steve's work trip)
-Enjoyed the nice weather and spent LOTS of time in the backyard.





June.

-Steve celebrated his third Father's Day.  Best daddy ever!
-We spent a day at Folsom Lake.  
-I stopped doing free portfolio building photography sessions & opened Lisa Anne Photography!




July

-We celebrated Fourth of July with swimming, bbq & fireworks at my mom's house.
-Visited the State Fair.
-My nephew Liam Joseph was born!
-Went up to Tahoe again to visit Steve while he was working.
-Went boating with Steve' uncle at Folsom Lake.







August.

-Celebrated our FIFTH wedding anniversary.  (My goodness we were way too young to get married.)
-Went on a family vacation to Socal & visited Disneyland, Sea World, & explored San Diego.
-Had family pictures done.







September.

-Aubrey started her first ballet class and LOVED it!
-I cannot remember anything else that happened this month, whoops!


October

-Celebrated Halloween - we were cupcakes & Steve was our baker. :)
-Visited Bishop's Pumpkin Patch.
-Went to Apple Hill




November

-Went to Steve's grandma's 90th birthday party.
-Celebrated Thanksgiving with family.
-Went up to Auburn for a day.



December

-Aubrey had her first dance recital & was a Christmas tree in "The Grinch."  She did so good!
-Aubrey was POTTY TRAINED!  Merry Christmas to me :)
-Went to Disneyland AGAIN! (this time with Steve's family)
-We did all sorts of festive activities, one being Santa's Secret Adventure in Penryn.
-Took our girls to the snow for the first time.
-Had a wonderful Christmas spent with family!







Phew!  That took me a long time, but it was worth it.  So long 2013, cannot WAIT to see what 2014 brings us!

2 comments:

  1. I love your recaps! I can't believe how big the girls are already! And that Kate will be one on Sunday!! That is insane! I hope that you, the girls and Steve have a great 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys do not let kids slow you down! Lots of fun filled adventures!! :):)

    ReplyDelete