Wednesday, February 26, 2014

big girl.


This sweetheart is going to be THREE in a week.  Three.  Three three three.  I can't wrap my mind around it.  We are talking about things like preschool (my lip quivers just thinking that word in my head, so I don't think it's going to be happening anytime soon. or ever.) and the kid calls me "mom" more than mommy now.  She is so grown up.  It's so strange to be able to have full on conversations with your baby.  She was just a baby, wasn't she?  The one with the dark brown, fluffy hair?  It hurts that she is so big, but it's wonderful too.  

The other week her three fish she got for Christmas died.  After Steve and I cleaned up everything and took her fish tank out of her bathroom, she asked in the saddest voice where her fishies went.  I wasn't sure how to explain what happened to her, so I just told her that the fishies went to go be with their mama.  She instantly perked up and said, "Oh, okay.  I LOVE being with my mama, too." She sure knows how to warm my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment