Thursday, November 27, 2014

thanksgiving this year.

I have such a full heart as I'm putting an end to this day of gratitude.  We had the best day together as a family & we are loving having Steve home with us for a few days.  



We started our morning running the 10k Turkey Trot in the morning.  And when I say "we" I totally mean just Steve and his sisters.  (Running feels equivalent to dying as far as I'm concerned.) But he had a pretty sweet fan club cheering him on! :)


After some cleaning and napping, we headed to my mom's for Thanksgiving dinner.  As always, she nailed it.  We all ate a ton and watched some football.  The cousins were in town so the kids were on cloud nine.



Now - a few things that I've been especially grateful for lately.  

-My girls.  How could I not be practically oozing with gratitude when I get so spend my days raising these two sweet girls?  I obviously can't list anything I'm thankful for without mentioning my babies.  I honestly can't put into words how I feel about them.  You moms get it.  It's just NUTS the love you feel for your kids.  

-Adoption. November is National Adoption Month (which is apparently new or something, or I just never knew about it before), and all month long I have been reminded of the great blessing that adoption is.  A lot of people don't know that I was adopted as a baby.  I've known since as long as I can remember, and it's always made me feel so special.  It takes an incredibly unselfish person to give a baby up for adoption, and I'm forever thankful that I was adopted by such loving parents that finally got their baby girl.  

-My husband.  Six years of marriage down and I'm happy to report there is no seven year itch present over here ;)  I honestly couldn't ask for a more hardworking, loving best friend and husband that makes me laugh everyday.  

-The gospel of Jesus Christ.  Knowing that Christ died for ME and MY sins helps me strive daily to live a life worthy to return to Him again.  I love this gospel so much.  It brings me so much hope and peace to have knowledge of these truths in my life, especially now as a mom.  


Obviously my list could go on for pages, but I better stop now before my husband asks me why I'm crying like a weirdo at the laptop. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!




2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were adopted! Would you feel comfortable making a post about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably no post coming any time soon about it - I barely can keep up with posting about the holidays and tidbits about the girls! You can always email me if you're curious about something.

      Delete