Sunday, December 14, 2014

nutcracker ballet.

For as long as I can remember, I've been going to see the Nutcracker Ballet with my mom.  No matter how many times I've seen it, it's always just as magical as the last time and gets me in such a Christmasy mood.  I remember after finding out I was having a baby girl (four years ago!) and going to see the ballet with my mom while I was pregnant.  I remember seeing little girls in their fancy Christmas dresses & curly hair with their moms, and getting so excited to get to do that someday.  The last few Christmases flew by and Saturday I got to take my own little girl to the ballet.  I let her pick out her own dress, curled her hair, and may have even shed a tear or two while getting her ready.  I used to be the little girl getting ready with my mom, and here I was with my own baby.  




I was a little worried the show would be too long for Aubrey, but she loved it & oohed and ahhed at all the beautiful dancers.  She fell asleep in the last scene :)

 
I let her pick an ornament for her and one to bring home to Kate, since she wasn't old enough to come.  I can't wait to take BOTH my girls in a couple of years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment