Wednesday, December 17, 2014

winter wonderland getaway.

A few weeks ago, we decided to plan a little getaway to the most gorgeous place we could think of where it snows in the winter: Tahoe!  We're pretty lucky to live somewhere with nice weather in the winter, but if we want to go play in the snow, we just have to drive a couple hours up north.


They woke up to a winter wonderland!


We played some games before heading out..




Snowball fight!  This girl is ruthless.






Kate wasn't so sure about the snow.  She's not so sure about anything at first, really. ;)


Do you wanna build a snowman?



She was so proud!  She named it Olaf.  So creative and original, I know!!







Ice skating with dad in the village.


After all the snowy fun, we cozied up in the condo in our jammies and watched Christmas classics like The Grinch & Frosty the Snowman.  

  I love making memories this time of year with my family.  The other day I was thinking, parents really only get 18 years with their kids at home, at least while they are still "kids." That's 18 summers, 18 holiday seasons. Only 936 weekends!  I'm bound and determined to make as many awesome memories for my kids as I can while they live at home (especially these sweet years where I get them to myself all day, everyday!).

No comments:

Post a Comment