Tuesday, March 24, 2015

twelve weeks.


 I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and wasn't planning on the doctor giving me an ultrasound, but he did and it was such a pleasant surprise.  I loved seeing that our baby got bigger, and looks more like a baby this time. :)  It was doing flips and turns - I got all teary eyed because I'm a crybaby.  The doctor (who isn't my normal doctor I usually see) thought it was my first baby and was surprised when I said it was my third.  He said "you'd think it was your first with how excited you are!"  I can honestly say all of these pregnancy milestones get no less exciting each time.  I love growing these sweet babies!

I wish I could tell you my morning sickness is all gone - but it's definitely still present.  Some days I think it might be getting better, but then it shows up again.  I find that I just need to eat small meals throughout the day, and walk a lot. I also fainted for the third time last week, this time at home with the girls by myself.  Steve thankfully works two minutes away and came to save the day!  I also keep on losing weight, which is a little worrisome, but my doctor said as long as I don't lose 5% of my body weight to not worry.  I've also been really exhausted in the early afternoon every day, but luckily I can sneak a nap in if I really need to while Kate naps, and Aubrey watches a show.  Even if I just lay down and close my eyes, it helps a ton!  I swear I need to do a post about how to survive a rough first trimester with little ones.  I guess I can sum it up as: read lots of books in bed, have them bring games to you in bed, stay in pajamas the whole day if needed, and paper dishes are your friend.  Oh, and don't ever clean or cook.  Haha!  A good, patient husband helps a lot on that one ;)  I swear Steve is the new housewife around here and while it makes me feel so guilty, I know he doesn't mind and appreciates what I have to go through to bring these cute babies in the world.  And man do I appreciate him!  I know this all will soon pass and then I can make it up to the kids/husband for the past couple months that I've been a zombie mommy/wife.  

We get to find out the gender in three weeks and I'm SO excited!  We always go to an early ultrasound place so we can know as soon as possible.  Everything feels so much more real once you know the gender - and you get to shop. :)  I can't wait!!

The girls are still being so sweet about the new addition, Kate feeds my belly her sippy cup sometimes and says, "I feed the baby, Mama."  Aubrey always gives us name suggestions, and constantly asks us when she gets to hold the baby.  Six months is such a long time for a kid!  I can't wait to have three.  I may be a little too confident this time around, because I'm not the least bit nervous.  I was super nervous for my first baby, then super nervous about having two, but I feel so seasoned now.  Haha!  I've just learned you go with the flow and it all works out.  I'm mostly excited to fall in love all over again.  That "love high" that you're on the first few weeks after having a baby is like nothing else.  

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW, I LOVE THE PHOTO! EVEN THOUGH PREGNANCY CAN BE HARD ON THE BODY, BUT I FEEL IT'S MORE THAN WORTH IT AND I WOULD SO BE A DUGGAR MOM IF I COULD AFFORD IT! HAHA, I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER PHYSICALLY, SOON AND THAT THE SICKNESSES GOES AWAY... I HOPE YOU DONT THINK I'M A SUPER STALKER, BUT SINCE FINdING YOUR BLOG, I FOUND YOU ON INSTAGRAM AND YOUR FAMILY IS BEATIFUL. I ALSO HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU. I'M SUCH A WORRY-WART ABOUT POSTING PHOTOS OF MY GIRLS ON THE NET AND WAS JUST WONDERING DO YOU EVER FACE CRITICISM ABOUT SAFETY CONCERNS AND HOW DO YOU RESPOND, IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING? I PERSONALLY HAVE PEOPLE SAY TO ME THAT IT'S UNSAFE FOR ME TO POST PICTURES BUT I THINK YOURS ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS AND COMMEND YOU FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT MOM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth,

      Thank you for the kind words. I've never had anyone criticize my posting of pictures of my girls before. I don't really have a big readership of my blog, and don't have thousands of followers on Instagram, so my pictures aren't seen by that many people in comparison to a lot of bloggers I follow. One thing I do is only let people follow me on Instagram if they look like a mom. I block anyone else that tries to follow ;) haha! As the girls get older, I will most likely make my blog private, or not post many stories about them, simply because they won't be my stories to tell anymore. If I ever had a bad feeling or felt uncomfortable with it, I'd stop immediately. So far I've only had good experiences and made lots of friends in the process.

      Thanks for reading!

      Lisa

      Delete
    2. Sorry, i didnt click in the Reply and had to start over, lol...I LOVE YOUR RESPONSE! I HAD ONLY POSTED A COUPLE ON MY IG (I'M BBUTTERFLY0108) AND MY OWN FAMILY SAID IT'S TOO UNSAFE, SO I TOOK THEM DOWN. I ALSO HAD A BLOG AND IT CAUSED A STIR SO I TOOK MY GIRLS OFF. :( BUT I DO LOVE FOLLOWING YOUR FAMILY'S FUN AND EXPERIENCES. WE HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH IN COMMON AND I LOVE HOW YOU INSPIRE ALSO WHILE OPENLY SHARING FAITH! I'M WITH YA THERE! :) I MIGHT HAVE TO SNEAK A FEW PICS AGAIN SOON, HEEHEE! I CAN TALK FOR DAYS, I STAY HOME WITH MY LITTLES AND NOT MUCH ADULT TALK, LOL, SO I'LL STOP THERE! :D

      Delete
  3. I totally went through this a few weeks ago. Finally got better at 16 weeks but it's hard when you have little ones running around for sure! Sending you good vibes!!! XO

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete