Friday, April 24, 2015

sixteen weeks!

I hit the 16 week mark this week & am feeling GREAT!  I was so used to being nauseous and sleepy all the time, I forgot what normal life feels like.  The feeling of being HUNGRY is awesome.

I had a doctor's appointment last week & the doctor said the baby is pretty high already for this stage in the game.  I always carry super high, which is great because I don't have to buy any maternity pants, but not so fun on the ribs!  I have a couple more months before that discomfort starts, thankfully.



The only (and I mean ONLY) bad part about not being nauseous anymore, is now I crave sweets, and can't have them much due to my gestational diabetes.  I have to say - I am VERY proud of myself for eating so healthy.  Before I was pregnant I ate dessert almost every single day!  We were constantly stopping by our local cupcake and cookie shops due to my sweet tooth :)  (No wonder I have gestational diabetes!)  I still splurge every now and then, but for the most part I'm sugar free.  I won't lie - it's a huge challenge!  I'm also supposed to really watch my carb intake - I try to only have really small portions of pasta and breads, or get whole wheat versions.  I basically have to eat like I'm on a weight loss diet, but have my OB nagging at me to put on some pounds.  I'm still three pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, but I'm trying to eat a lot of protein to pack on some baby weight!

I'm still pretty dizzy some mornings.  If I don't eat a protein packed breakfast, I'll pretty much be useless the rest of the day.  Thankfully I haven't fainted in weeks and hopefully don't have to worry about that anymore.  Usually that's just a first trimester issue for me.

Since I've been feeling so much better lately I've been able to do SO much more with the girls like I used to, and it makes everyone in this house very happy!  We go to the park all the time, play games, and actually get ready every day :)  There were so many weeks I felt so guilty because I laid down the majority of the day, and if the girls wanted to read a book or play a game, I'd have them bring it to me in bed.  I'm pretty sure they thought I was dying!  I'm so grateful for how patient they were with me (and Steve too!) and they were always so caring.  If I was having an especially awful day, they would be my little nurses.  I had so many "check ups" from them with their doctor kits checking on the baby.

This is definitely my fastest pregnancy yet, and I'm well aware that before I know it, our sweet baby girl will be here to love on.  I'm already so antsy and impatient about  October getting here - I want to meet her so bad I can barely take it!  Now if ONLY Steve and I could agree on a name…. we had chosen Aubrey and Kate when we were still in high school (What, you didn't discuss baby names with your boyfriend at 16?) but we never quite had a THIRD baby girl name picked out.  I mean, who would have thought?!





1 comment:

  1. You have my blessings if you want to use my daughter's name! ;) Her name is Ava.

    ReplyDelete