Tuesday, May 19, 2015

goodbye, sweet home.


If you follow me on Instagram (@lisa_anne08) you might have seen yesterday that we are moving out of our wonderful home.  About a month and a half ago we found out that it's basically illegal to run a business outside of your home in the area we live. We've always thought maybe our HOA wouldn't be thrilled about it, but never really thought about it being a city issue.  Well after finding out we could be in quite a bit of trouble if we ever got caught, we decided to pray about what we should do: quit my business?  Try to move?  But we just moved here!  Needless to say, we both felt I should keep my business going.  Not only has it been SUCH a great creative outlet for me, it's also a nice source of supplemental income that requires little time away from the girls.  We put our house up on the market, priced nice and high, and we had an offer after three days of showings.  We were shocked!  

We had such a great experience building this house, so we decided to build again in the next city over (which happens to have even better schools & was rated the best city to raise a family in California!).  Our new house will have more space for our growing family, & a room downstairs perfect for a photography studio.  We are SO excited for it to be finished!  While it's being built, we are staying in an apartment nearby.  We are going to have to move again when I am 8 month pregnant - but I don't like to think about that very much. :)

Last week was an emotional one.  I cried as I watched the girls play outside in the backyard one last time and run through the sprinklers.  So many memories!  We brought little Kate home to this house.  It's been bittersweet to pack up the house and leave, but I know we will make even more memories in the new house.  I just get attached to things so dang easily!!

We just moved into our apartment yesterday and are pretty much settled in.  The girls are thrilled because the apartment has a pool & park - they like it better than the new house model!  I'm always amazed and thankful at how well adjusted those girls of mine are.  Home truly is where your family is, a place to hang your hat.  I honestly thought we'd watch our girls grow into teenagers in this house, but you just NEVER know what life will throw at you!

No comments:

Post a Comment