Monday, December 14, 2015

ella's blessing.

Steve gave Ella the sweetest blessing on Sunday afternoon.  It was a stormy, rainy day but somehow still felt so peaceful & calm.  




I can't really explain it, but as chaotic it can be sometimes having three kids, Ella has brought the most calming presence into our home.


It took us a little longer than we would have liked to bring Ella here, but in hindsight, she truly came at the perfect time for us.  There really is something to be said about trusting in God's plan. 


She looked like a little angel in the dress my mom got for her.  Since it was Christmastime, I had her wear a little Christmas bow and sparkly red shoes. 
 (Backstory: When I was a little girl I was OBSESSED with everything Wizard of Oz.  My grandpa (who has since passed) used to get me my own pair of sparkly red shoes like Dorothy Gale each year.  Right before he died, he got me a pair in a bigger size so I could wear them when I was older.  It felt special putting red shoes on my own baby girl.  Wish we would have thought about it with my first two girls.)







I really milk it with the middle name being Rose thing. ;)


 After the blessing, our closest family & friends came over for a luncheon.  I love seeing my baby girl getting loved on by so many that love her!  What a lucky, loved girl she is.



I'm so thankful for my family & feel blessed every day that my children get to grow up with the gospel in their lives.  I try (and fail) every single day to be the mother that they need, but I know as long as we try our best to keep Christ at the center of our lives, they will turn out just as Heavenly Father intended them to be.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! My little girl's name is Rose also and I love milking the Rose theme. My shower and her 1st birthday party were rose garden themed. It will be hard not to want to repeat it for her second birthday!

    ReplyDelete